Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ray, the new mobile phone charger. If you buy one..


First Solar-Powered Charger I’d Actually Use.
Solar-powered chargers make me feel like I'm doing something nice for the Earth. Too bad I never use them, because positioning them for optimal Sun-catching is a pain. The Ray solar charger's suction cup action solves that problem. These are listed at "Quirky  and will go into production when they sell 2000 of them. I am doing my part, and going to buy one. I am sure I will get great use out of it, charging many of my gadgets

Instead of trying to prop the solar charger on a stick or placing it on my dash and watching it fly out the window when I take a corner, the Ray solar charger has a suction cup around the solar cells. Slap it to your window and let the Sun work for you. The support arm even doubles as cable storage.

Features:
-Compact battery stores enough energy to fully charge a cell phone
-USB port allows for easy charging
-Suction cup attaches to windows
-Kickstand swings down for stability on flat surfaces
-USB cords can be tucked for storage into kickstand when folded closed
-LED indicator light shows status of Ray’s battery
Materials:
-Solar panel
-Battery
-Power circuit board with LED light
-USB port
-Reinforced plastic
-Flexible TPE suction cup
Dimensions:
-2.5″ × 2.5″ × 3″ (subject to change in production)

No comments:

Post a Comment